Guide to Completion of Application for Temporary Licence
Page One of Application
Personal - The full legal name of the applicant requesting the Temporary Licence must be given. If, for any reason, the name which appears on any documentation, academic or other, received by the association in support of your application for a Temporary Licence, differs from the information provided on the application it will be necessary to provide official legal documentation accordingly.
- Residence - The complete permanent residence address, together with postal or zip code, must be provided. You are requested to indicate your preference regarding the mailing address to be used by the association when corresponding with you (i.e., home or office).
- Academic - For applicants who are not registered as a professional engineers in another Province or Territory of Canada, an official academic transcript must be sent to the association (Attention to: The Registrar, Temporary Licence Division) and must come directly from the respective university/institution. Student copies are not acceptable.
- Employment - It is important that the full legal name and address of the applicant’s present employer be provided clearly. Do not abbreviate the employer’s legal name. Providing an inaccurate company name will delay the processing of your application.
- Professional - List only the organizations in which registration or membership is held, which have functions similar to those of the association (i.e., another regulatory body). Applicants who are residents of Canada are requested to have their Associations/Ordre; confirm in writing to this office their current membership.
Page Two of Application
- Project Identification - It is essential that question 1(a) through (f) be completed in full. Failure to provide detailed information will delay the processing of your application. Please pay attention to legal and proper names. Provide as completely as possible: (a) the details of the project (i.e., owner, dimensions, type of facility, and occupancy, intended use, new or modification, etc.); (b) sufficient details regarding the specific engineering services to be rendered by the applicant, and (c) reference to specific codes where applicable. Descriptions of engineering services should make reference to the design, analysis, evaluation or other engineering services to be provided. If necessary, a cover letter may be included with the application.
- Experience - Please submit a detailed, typed experience summary with special attention to your engineering activities together with the application.
- Signature - Once signed and submitted to the offices of the association, the Application for a Temporary Licence is an official document. Your attention is drawn to Section 41(2) of the Act, concerning offence for false representation.