Key Elections Dates:
|Date nominations open||October 16, 2023|
|Date nominations close||November 24, 2023 at 4 p.m. EST|
|Deadline for receipt of publicity materials for publication in Engineering Dimensions and on the PEO website||December 8, 2023 at 4 p.m. EST|
|All Candidate Meetings||January 2-5, 2024|
|Date voting will commence||January 12, 2024|
|Date voting closes||February 16, 2024 at 4 p.m. EST|
|Eblast from candidates to eligible voters||January 15, January 29, February 12, 2024|
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve never thought of running for Council before, consider the impact you can make by:
- Bringing your engineering, work and life experiences and leadership to bear on the policy decisions Council makes to continuously improve regulation of the practice of engineering; and
- Influencing PEO during one of the most critical times in its nearly 100-year history through enhanced governance initiatives and work to address the recommendations of PEO’s external regulatory performance review.
Self-regulation of engineering in Ontario is a privilege - not a right.
By voting in the Council elections, you’re doing your part to ensure that we, as professional engineers, are in a strong position to continue regulating our own profession to protect the public interest and promote the integrity of engineering in Ontario.
PEO Council works to ensure that the Professional Engineers Act is updated to reflect changes in the practice of engineering and responds to the evolving needs and expectations of the public. In 2010, the last time the Act was opened, 66 amendments were made with input from Council.
- Functions as the governing body and board of directors of PEO
- Provides overall direction for the association and the profession
- Upholds PEO's duty to protect the public interest
- Sets and maintains high standards for professional engineering practice
- Collaborates with government to respond to critical policy issues
- Recognizes emerging engineering disciplines
As a member of Council, you will:
- Develop and drive PEO’s strategic direction;
- Discuss and decide on issues relevant to the regulator;
- Approve PEO’s budget;
- Provide direction on regulatory priorities; and
- Ensure the responsible use of resources to effectively regulate the practice of engineering.
PEO Eligible Voter Percentages
|Eligible Voters||Total Votes Cast||Vote Percentage|