To qualify for fee remission, members must complete the remission declaration form and send it to PEO's Financial Services department before paying their dues. Licence holders can email the completed form to email@example.com. We'll contact you once we've reviewed and approved your remission request.
Alternatively, you may choose to mail the completed form with the reduced fee payment to:
Professional Engineers Ontario
c/o PEO Financial Services
40 Sheppard Avenue West, Suite 101
Toronto, ON M2N 6K9
The Registrar may request supporting documentation related to your submission.
Fee remission conditions
Licence holders on fee remission must not practise professional engineering but they can self-identify as licence holders and continue to use the title associated with their licence. To be eligible to practise engineering again, you must exit fee remission and pay all applicable fees. You must complete all PEAK mandatory CPD requirements as a practising licence holder starting the next calendar year after resuming engineering practice.
Reduced fee remission fees
- P.Eng. - $79.10
- Limited Licence - 79.10
(Fees include HST)
The balance of your annual renewal fee + HST will be charged if you cancel the fee remission before the next billing cycle.
Fee Remission Categories
PEO recognizes the following situations in which a reduced licence fee may apply:
- Retired licence holder - Any licence holder who has retired from the practice of professional engineering as of the date the fee payment becomes due and whose age plus years of practice as a professional engineer equals or exceeds 90 years is eligible for a fee remission.
- Postgraduate Studies - Any licence holder who is in full-time attendance at a recognized university undertaking postgraduate studies and not practising professional engineering is eligible for a fee remission.
- Maternity and/or Parental Leave - Any licence holder on maternity/paternity leave from professional practice is eligible for a fee remission. The reduced fee will be effective on the due date of the licence holder’s next annual renewal fee after beginning the leave. Any licence holder on family leave from professional practice to care for an ailing family member or relative is also eligible for a fee remission.
- Unemployed - Any licence holder who is unemployed from the practice of engineering and has no income.
- Condition of Health - Any licence holder unable to work because of a long-term health condition or physical impairment that prevents them from practising professional engineering is eligible for a fee remission.