Who can complete the Cof A Renewal?
Currently only the contact licence holder on record (a professional engineer, (P.Eng.) limited licence holder (LET, LEL) or temporary licence holder) can assume this responsibility. To change the contact licence holder, the individual must be listed in your firm’s CofA (Section F) as the licence holder assuming responsibility for your firm’s engineering work for a minimum of one year.
Please note that the renewal applicant/signatory must be one of the engineers listed in Section F of the CofA application.)
How do I change the contact licence holder of the C of A?
To change the contact licence holder, send an email to CofAR@peo.on.ca. A certificate of authorization representative will contact you to make the necessary change.
Renewal Period - 60 days prior to expiry to 60 days after expiry
- Online application is open and can be submitted
(Note: Applicant can make changes to the application up to the point the application is submitted)
Non-Renewal Period - 61 days after expiry to 61 days before next expiry date
- Online application is available to be updated and saved (not submitted)
Renewal Process and Communications
- 60 days before your C of A renewal expiration, an email notification is sent to your contact licence holder directing them to go online and complete the renewal application
- If the application and payment are not received by the expiration date, the day after expiration a default email notice is sent to the company’s email address on record
- If the application is only partially completed, an email will be sent 7 days after expiration
- At 61 days after expiration, if the application and payment have not been received, PEO will send a termination notice and your C of A will be closed. If your C of A is closed, reinstatement requires your organization to submit a new C of A application ($400) and pay the annual fee ($400)
What you will need to complete your certificate of authorization renewal application
Names and contact information of directors (up to 3)
Licence number of engineers responsible for engineering services
- See Licence holder directory to acquire licence numbers
- Description of engineering services
- Number of employees/number of engineers
- Liability insurance information (If your CofA requires insurance the name of insurer, policy number and expiry date)
- Credit card number if paying online