We provide resources to assist our stakeholders in understanding our regulatory role and how we protect the public interest.
As part of its regulatory mandate, PEO establishes, maintains and develops: standards of knowledge and skill; standards of practice for the profession; standards of professional ethics; and promotes public awareness of its role. The following are resources to assist PEO stakeholders--licence holders, applicants, and the public--in understanding their roles and responsibilities and the regulator’s work protecting the public interest.
Frequently Asked Questions
I did not keep, or did not receive, an online confirmation of a payment made through the PEO portal? How can I get this information?
An online confirmation is a record of a transaction made at the time of the transaction. There is no mechanism to resend or recreate an online confirmation. You may, however, access and print a receipt for a payment made to PEO 24 to 48 hours after the payment has cleared our system.
Is the PEO portal compatible with all web browsers?
Recognizing that visitors to the PEO website use a wide range of client operating systems, browsers and display resolutions, the PEO portal was tested and works with all current and mainstream desktop browsers, specifically:
- Internet Explorer (version 11 and later);
- Firefox (version 22 and later);
- Google Chrome (version 28 and later);
- Safari (version 6 or later); and
- Opera (version 12 and later).
If you experience a portal performance issue using any of these browsers, please report the issue to us at email@example.com. To assist us, please include:
- date and time of the incident;
- version of the browser you were using, plus the operating system you were using (e.g. Windows 10);
- description of what you were trying to do; and
- description (ideally a screen shot) of the issue you experienced.
If you are using a different browser or version of a browser than those listed, we would still like to hear about your experience using the portal.
What services are available to me once I access the PEO portal?
If you are a professional engineer, an engineering intern (EIT) or the holder of a temporary, provisional or limited licence, you may:
- view the information in your licence profile (to correct information, please contact the Document Management Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- change your chapter affiliation (but the chapter in which you were placed based on your home address will remain your chapter for PEO election purposes);
- view and update information on your practice and engineering disciplines;
- change your password;
- pay PEO fees and the annual fee for the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers, and make charitable donations to the Canadian Engineering Memorial Foundation and the Professional Engineers Foundation for Education (should you have questions, please contact email@example.com);
- print receipts for fees paid (should you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org); and
- manage your subscription to Engineering Dimensions. All PEO licence holders and engineering interns receive the print edition of Engineering Dimensions by mail, unless they opt in to receive a link by email to the digital edition. You may opt in to the digital edition or switch back to the print edition at any time.
If you have submitted a licence application and have been assigned a file number, you may:
- view and update your contact information;
- change your password;
- pay PEO fees and make other payments;
- register for PEO-assigned exams; and
- order exam reprints.
I have forgotten my password. What do I do?
If you have accessed PEO’s online services in the past and are trying to log into the new portal by creating a new password, you cannot use the Forgot your Password? link to retrieve your previous password. In this case, you must register on the portal as if you were a new user. Once you are registered, you can retrieve your forgotten password at any time by using the Forgot your Password? link.
I tried to register on the new portal and cannot. Why can’t I register?
To access the PEO portal for the first time, you are asked for four pieces of information, which must match the information in PEO’s database:
- your licence or application file #;
- your date of birth;
- your home phone number; and
- your home postal code.
You have three attempts to register successfully. If the information you provide does not match the information in PEO’s database, you will be presented with a PEO Error Log ID# and asked to contact PEO, so that we can update the information in the database, or otherwise assist you in registering.
What do I need to do to access the PEO Web portal?
If you used PEO’s online services previously, you are required to set up a new password for the new portal. If you have forgotten your password, you cannot use the Forgot your Password? link to retrieve it to set up this new password. Instead, you must register on the Web portal as if you were a new user. The portal log-in page has the information you need to register. Once you are registered, you may retrieve a forgotten password at any time by using the Forgot your Password? link.
If you have never used PEO’s online services, you must register on the Web portal to begin online transactions with PEO. The information you need to register is on the portal log-in page.
Why should I use PEO’s online services?
Paying PEO fees online and generating fee receipts through the PEO portal is fast and secure and saves you money. PEO licence and other fees have not increased in several years, at least partly as a result of online transactions lessening the need for PEO to incur printing and mailing costs for hard copy invoices and reminders
Why has PEO updated its Web portal for online services?
With the implementation of new database software, licence holders, engineering interns and now licence applicants are able to interact online with PEO more than ever before, including updating their contact information, downloading editable applications and registering for exams. Requiring these online transactions to occur within a new, updated Web portal enhances the security of the online information you provide us. The new PEO portal adheres to current best practices for system security and data protection, specifically:
- site pages involving display or transfer of personal user information are secured via HTTPS/SSL/TLS;
- public Internet clients cannot access the site’s administrative functions;
- sensitive personal data (e.g. passwords) is stored in an encrypted format.