PEO Eligible Voter Percentages
|Eligible Voters||Total Votes Cast||Vote Percentage|
Frequently Asked Questions
Engineering Dimensions article: Animating members to a greater governance role
Testimonial from Past President Annette Bergeron, P.Eng., MBA, FEC:
"Serving as President of Council was a tremendous leadership opportunity. Our Council now needs diversity and I encourage all P.Engs to consider ‘real change’.”
Self-regulation of engineering in Ontario is a privilege - not a right.
By voting in the Council elections, you’re doing your part to ensure that we, as professional engineers, are in a strong position to continue regulating our own profession to protect the public interest and promote the integrity of engineering in Ontario.
In the 2017 Council elections, 16.38 per cent of eligible voters participated.
PEO Council works to ensure that the Professional Engineers Act is updated to reflect changes in the practice of engineering and responds to the evolving needs and expectations of the public. In 2010, the last time the Act was opened, 66 amendments were made with input from Council.
- Functions as the governing body and board of directors of PEO
- Provides overall direction for the association and the profession
- Upholds PEO's duty to protect the public interest
- Sets and maintains high standards for professional engineering practice
- Collaborates with government to respond to critical policy issues
- Recognizes emerging engineering disciplines