Changes to the Limited Licence
The required documents to apply for the Limited Licence have changed. Current Limited Licence applicants will continue their licensing process as normal until further notice.
All Limited Licence applicants will now be required to meet the experience requirements for licensure through a competency-based assessment model. CBA is a tool to assess readiness for licensure that examines engineering competencies across several categories (technical, communication, project management, professional accountability, etc.), in which all practitioners must be competent to support effective practice and public safety.
To qualify for a limited licence, an applicant:
- Must hold a three-year degree or diploma in an engineering, technology or science program or have equivalent educational qualifications, with knowledge that corresponds to the scope of services within the practice of professional engineering to be provided under the limited licence. You will need to arrange for your academic transcript to be sent directly from the respective university/institution;
- Candidates who graduated outside of Canada and the USA will need to request World Education Services (WES) to send the course-by-course International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP) report for each program as the required academic document to apply for academic requirements.
- Must pass the National Professional Practice Examination;
- Must demonstrate that they are of good character;
- Must demonstrate at least eight years of experience in the practice of professional engineering with at least six years of the experience corresponding to the scope of services within the practice of professional engineering to be provided under the limited licence;
- Must pay the applicable fees.
When submitting your application, please include:
- A completed limited licence application
- A copy of your proof of identity. In general, government-issued ID is required.
- A copy of your up-to-date resume/CV
- Please download the CBA form. Note that the information you provide in the CBA must be related to your scope of services.
- For example, if your scope deals with Acoustical Engineering, you will be expected to demonstrate knowledge in Acoustical Engineering standards related to your scope of services.
- A completed online form Experience and CBA information (LL). This includes general work experience, CBA self-assessment and validator information.
- A copy of your completed good character form
- A copy of your completed scope of services form
- Payment of application fee: $360 + HST = $406.80 (Please do not provide a cheque or money order at this time. PEO will inform you when a payment is required and provide information on how to pay online.)
Please submit your application package by email to: email@example.com
PEO processing timelines
To complete the application submission, please provide:
Review and acknowledgement of a completed application
|Note: Allow +/- 8 weeks for mailing of Stamp/Certificate after final approval and fees paid|