Mandatory Requirements for PEO Volunteer Applicants
Occupational Health & Safety, Human Rights and Accessibility Training
The Government of Ontario mandates that volunteers receive occupational health and safety and accessibility training. The intent of the training is to educate PEO volunteers on their rights and responsibilities as volunteers, as well as their duties when working in a volunteer capacity, so that they may perform their work safely and in compliance with the law.
To register for the training, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Legal first, last name
- PEO number (if applicable)
- Valid email address
- Chapter affiliation (if applying for a chapter position)
- Volunteer position you are applying for (if applicable)
You will receive log-in information within a few days.
Steps to volunteering with PEO
Complete the Occupational Health & Safety, Human Rights and Accessibility training, including:
- Workplace Violence and Harassment Training for Employees (Ontario Bills 168 and 132)
- Understanding Human Rights Training
- AODA Customer Service Training (Condensed)
To register, email your legal names, PEO number, email address, chapter affiliation (if applying for a chapter position) and volunteer position you are applying for (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive log-in information within a few days.
If applying to be a COMMITTEE / TASK FORCE volunteer, PEO will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
If applying to be a CHAPTER volunteer, PEO will notify your chapter that you have applied to be a volunteer. The chapter may contact you for an interview.
Prior to starting your volunteer service, complete PEO’s volunteer orientation!
Visit peo.lts-online.net/home and complete the following PEO modules:
- PEO – Our Mandate
- Engineers Make a Difference for Equity and Diversity
- Orientation for PEO Volunteers
- Privacy at PEO: What You Need To Know
(Click on Enroll Now and then Register Now. Click on Launch Course to begin video.)
Once completed, send an email confirmation to email@example.com.