PEO and COVID-19
In light of concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and the need for social distancing, PEO is no longer directly accepting incoming mail deliveries.
We have modified processes so that limited licence applications are to be submitted by email only. Limited licence applications received by mail and post-marked after Tuesday, July 14 will not be processed.
Members and applicants are advised not to mail cheques to PEO until further notice. Payment of fees and dues, as well as payments for renewals of certificates of authorization, can be made online via PC banking or credit card. All fees and dues continue to be payable.
PEO staff remain available to respond by phone and email to all inquiries, including those related to the application process.
Please check our website regularly for further updates: https://www.peo.on.ca/latest-news/peo-covid-19
To qualify for a limited licence, an applicant:
- must hold a three-year degree or diploma in an engineering, technology or science program or have equivalent educational qualifications, with knowledge that corresponds to the scope of services within the practice of professional engineering to be provided under the limited licence. You will need to arrange for your academic transcript to be sent directly from the respective university/institution ;
- must pass the National Professional Practice Examination;
- must demonstrate that they are of good character;
- must pay the applicable fees;
- must demonstrate at least eight years of experience in the practice of professional engineering
with at least six years of the experience corresponding to the scope of services within the practice of professional engineering to be provided under the limited licence, and
at least four of those six years’ experience acquired in a Canadian jurisdiction under the supervision of one or more people legally authorized to engage in the practice of professional engineering in a Canadian jurisdiction.
When submitting your application, please include:
- A completed limited licence application
- A copy of your proof of identity. Please use of the following official documents: Canadian birth certificate, Canadian citizen card/certificate (both sides), permanent resident card (both sides) or From IMM 1000 of record of landing
- A copy of your up-to-date experience record (Refer to our Guide to the Required Experience for a Limited Licence in Ontario)
- Payment of application fee: ·$360 + HST = $406.80 (Please do not provide a cheque or money order at this time, PEO will inform you when a payment is required and provide information on how to pay online.)
Please submit your application package by email to: email@example.com
What to expect (timelines)
|Limited Licence||Estimated time||Process|
|8 months +||Application Review and Assessment|
- Submission of Application with Payment
- Academic Requirements Committee Review
- Character References
- Experience Requirements Interview ( Allow sufficient time for scheduling the interview )
- Professional Practice Exam ( Offered: 3/yr )
- Final Approval
|Note: Allow +/- 8 weeks for mailing of Stamp/Certificate after final approval and fees paid|