Committee that recommends PEO plans to integrate equity and diversity values and principles into the general policy and business operations of PEO.
Meetings: approx. 6/yr; evening
Membership: currently 5 members, representing a broad diversity of PEO membership.
Committee Chair: Vera Straka, P.Eng.
Members*: Vicki Hilborn, P.Eng.
Nermen Maximous, P.Eng.
Juwairia Obaid, P.Eng.
Ramesh Subramanian, P.Eng., Council Liaison
*Committee membership is posted at committee's request.
Committee Advisor: TBD
Staff Support: Rob Dmochewicz, MPR – Recognition Coordinator, email@example.com
Documents Pending: Human Resources Plan
Equity and Diversity Policy Overview (PowerPoint presentation)
PEO staff and volunteers now use an online multicultural calendar that incorporates hundreds of multifaith, multicultural and diversity-related holidays and observances. The calendar includes major PEO corporate events held during the year and provides a way to recognize and honour our differences while planning and organizing association meetings and events. PEO encourages its licence and certificate holders to consider incorporating similar calendars in their workplace to promote a respectful and inclusive environment. View the calendar.
Equity and Diversity Learning Module
An online learning module was developed to provide licence holders practical ways to reduce barriers to meeting participation and engagement.
This learning module is intended to:
- deepen your understanding of how engineers can incorporate E & D in their work;
- clarify what PEO expects from you in response to the E & D policy; and
- help you develop a personal action plan for E & D.
To view the module and learn more about how to eliminate potential barriers and create a more inclusive environment, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://peo.lts-online.net/home
- Click on Enrol Now and then click on either Register Now to complete your registration or Log In if you have already registered.
- Click on Launch Course to view the video.