2015-2017 Strategic Plan
Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) is facing numerous challenges as we approach 100 years of regulating the engineering profession in Ontario. In this era of rapid change, we must prepare ourselves for new engineering disciplines, adapt to the increased pace of technological change, respect requirements for regulation to be balanced, inclusive and evidence-based, and respond to incursions upon our mandate to regulate the engineering profession.
In addition, we must change as an organization. Council, management and staff must anticipate and proactively understand the problems we are facing. Appropriate judgments will increase the prospect of our remaining relevant to our stakeholders.
This three-year strategic plan provides the road map for how we will meet these challenges and implement the required changes. The strategic plan is not an action plan or a work plan. Rather, it is a forward-looking blueprint that can be used to provide our organization a common direction. Specific strategies and action plans, with targeted completion dates, will flow from this strategic plan.
- 2015-2017 Strategic Plan
- Update #1 - 499th Meeting of Council - March 27, 2015
- Update #2 - Council Workshop - June 19, 2015
- Update #3 - 502nd Meeting of Council - September 25, 2015
- Update #4 - January 12, 2016
- Update #5 - 505th Meeting of Council - March 11, 2016
- Update #6 - May 20, 2016
- Update #7 - September 9, 2016
- Update #8 - March 8, 2017
- Briefing Note
- Comprehensive Strategies
- Communications Plan
- Media Release - Professional Engineers Ontario to ring-in new year with novel roadmap to advance its self-regulatory role and the practice of engineering - December 3, 2014
- 2018-2020 Strategic Plan