Reduced Fee Policy
To qualify for a fee remission, a member MUST date and sign the Remission Declaration form (include name and licence #), after indicating the reason for the fee remission request, and mail the form to PEO Financial Services, Professional Engineers Ontario, 40 Sheppard Ave W, Suite 101, Toronto, ON M2N 6K9 with the applicable reduced fees.
Fee Remission Categories
PEO recognizes the following situations in which a reduced licence fee may apply:
- Retired Member - Any member who has retired from the practice of professional engineering as of the date the fee payment becomes due and whose age plus years of practice as a professional engineer equals or exceeds 90 years is eligible for a fee remission.
- Postgraduate Studies - Any member who is in full-time attendance at a recognized university undertaking postgraduate studies and not practising professional engineering is eligible for a fee remission.
- Maternity and/or Parental Leave - Any member on maternity/paternity leave from professional practice is eligible for a fee remission. The reduced fee will be effective on the due date of the member’s next annual renewal fee after beginning the leave. Any member on family leave from professional practice to care for an ailing family member or relative is also eligible for a fee remission.
- Unemployed - Any member who is unemployed and has no income.
- Condition of Health - Any member unable to work because of a long-term health condition or physical impairment that prevents them from practising professional engineering is eligible for a fee remission.
- P.Eng. - $62.15
- Limited Licence - $62.15
- EIT - $21.20
(Fees include HST)
The balance of your annual renewal plus an administrative fee of $50 + HST will be charged if you cancel the remission anytime before the next billing cycle.