Consistent with PEO’s regulatory mandate, the complaints process is intended to deal with the actions and conduct of practitioners, to ensure the public interest is served and protected.
What you need to do to begin the complaints process
- Complete and sign the Complaint Form (see below). If your concerns involve more than one practitioner, a separate form is required for each practitioner.
- Attach a copy of any documents that are relevant to your complaint. Please note that additional supporting documentation can be submitted during the course of the complaint investigation.
- Send the completed Complaint Form and copies of related documents to:
Professional Engineer Ontario
40 Sheppard Avenue West, Suite 101
Toronto, ON M2N 6K9
- If you have any questions about PEO's complaints process, please contact us:
Telephone: 416-224-1100 or 800-339-3716
Confidentiality of your complaint
PEO cannot guarantee that the information you provide, or the information we obtain from other parties during the course of our investigation, will remain confidential. Complained against engineering practitioners or are provided some or all of the information obtain during the investigation.
- Making a Complaint: A Public Information Guide
- Complaint Form
- Information on Discipline Hearings (Gazettes)
- Engineering Dimensions article: Understanding PEO's Complaints Process
- About the Complaints Review Councillor (CRC)
- About the Discipline Committee (DIC)
- Discipline Tribunal - includes discipline hearing schedule and additional resources